Causes and Solutions to Access Token Failure
If you are seeing the failure "SkySync was unable to acquire an access token from the storage platform" in the job history, there are two possible causes for this failure, along with two separate solutions.
If the password for the account that was used to make the connection in SkySync has changed or expired, SkySync will return this failure in the Job History whenever the job executes. In addition, more infrequently, the access token can expire over a long period of time naturally (this can take months). If this is the cause, the solution is the same as below.
To fix this, you must re-enter the login credentials in SkySync. Follow these steps:
1. From the home screen in SkySync, click on the Navigation tab to go to the Navigation panel.
2. On the left side of the screen, right-click on the connection the job is using, and select Edit.
3. In the screen that appears, re-enter the user-name and password for the storage platform account.
The SkySync Application is not Listed as Available (Box Specific)
If the storage platform used in the job is Box, the second possible cause of this failure is the SkySync application not being listed as Available in the Enterprise settings. To fix this, follow these steps:
1. Through a web browser, login to your Box account using an Admin or Co-Admin.
2. Click on the Admin Console tab in the upper-left corner of the screen.
3. Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the screen, and select Enterprise Settings from the drop-down menu that appears.
4. On the toolbar at the top, click on the Apps tab.
5. Scroll down to the Individual Application Controls section.
6. Search for SkySync in the search bar.
7. Click the Available radio button to make SkySync available.
Please contact Portal Architects support for assistance with this article.